Research in the Center for Pharmacogenomics and Precision Medicine spans from mechanistic studies to multi-omic approaches to elucidate genetic contributions to drug response. Center investigators collaborate with investigators across the University of Florida and other institutions, both nationally and internationally, to ensure innovation in this cutting-edge science. The center also supports the UF Health Precision Medicine Program through the translation of pharmacogenomic research findings into patient care and examining outcomes with genotype-guided therapies.
Our mission is to facilitate precision medicine by improving patient outcomes through optimization of efficacy and limiting toxicity of drug therapy. This is accomplished through research, teaching and service focused on genetically-guided drug therapy decision making, drug discovery and drug development.
- Enhance the quality of precision medicine through pharmacogenomics research at the University of Florida
- Bring together faculty working in this field and increasing multidisciplinary collaboration among faculty
- Provide genotyping and other services (e.g. gene expression, methylation) to the UF community and beyond
- Provide an environment for training clinical and basic scientists in pharmacogenomics
- Educate the UF Health community on pharmacogenomics
Meet Our Faculty
Areas of Research
- Genetic variability influencing:
- Effectiveness of cardiovascular drugs
- Dose requirements of warfarin
- Opiate effectiveness and toxicity
- Cancer treatment outcomes
- Cardiotoxic response to cancer treatments (Cardio-Oncology)
- Adverse drug response to antiresorptive drugs
- Response to pulmonary hypertension drug therapy
- Response to treatment for HIV and other infectious diseases
- Drug transporter activity
- Drug metabolism enzyme activity and expression
- Outcomes with clinical implementation of genotype-guided therapy
Genotyping services are provided for investigators within and outside of the University of Florida through the Center for Pharmacogenomics and Precision Medicine Genotyping Core Laboratory. Services are provided either as a price per sample or price per project depending on the specific needs of the researcher. Basic “a la carte” services, such as DNA isolation and quantitation are performed at a price per sample rate listed below. Researchers interested in multiple services will be provided with an estimate of charges for the entire project. We strive to accommodate the needs of each researcher; if you do not see a service listed on our menu, please inquire.