The era of precision medicine is unfolding fast. Staying ahead of the curve in this emerging field requires you to build a solid foundation of knowledge and training. That’s why the University of Florida College of Pharmacy offers multiple education programs designed to train current and future leaders in precision medicine.
Summary of Programs
What the University of Florida Offers You
- A degree or certificate from one of U.S. News & World Report’s Top 10-ranked public universities and pharmacy colleges
- Instruction from UF faculty recognized internationally for their expertise in precision medicine
- Online courses that provide convenient and flexible learning around your busy schedule
- Real-world skills that will help you advance your career
- Confidence in interpreting genomic test results and relaying information to patients
- Continuing pharmacy education credits that can be applied toward licensure
Leaders in Precision Medicine
- UF College of Pharmacy faculty are among the originally funded members of the NIH-supported Imlementing GeNomics In pracTicE, or IGNITE, Network that was created to enhance the use of genomic medicine in clinical care.
- Faculty have authored multiple guidelines for the Clinical Pharmacogenomics Implementation Consortium, or CPIC, which is a panel of experts who provide guidelines on applying genotype information to prescribing decisions.
- Faculty have published high-impact papers in precision medicine in major journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine, the Journal of Clinical Oncology, the Lancet and the Journal of the American Medical Association.