The UF Health Precision Medicine Program offers the following education programs for students, health professionals and educators interested in pharmacogenomics and genomic medicine. We will be developing patient education opportunities in the future. A variety of resources from our educational programs are made available in our Pharmacogenomics Virtual Classroom.
- 2016 Precision Medicine Conference: This inaugural conference is a two-day Pharmacogenomics Certificate Program for pharmacists and a half-day Workshop on Teaching Pharmacogenomics for pharmacists and educators.
- Precollegiate Education: We are partnering with the UF Center for Precollegiate Education and Training to support the development of discovery-based curriculum and learning opportunities that allow secondary school teachers to introduce genomic medicine concepts to middle and high school students.
- UF Health Science Center Interprofessional Courses: We offer a 16-week online course on the clinical applications of precision medicine, including an option for students to use their own genetic information to solve patient-centered pharmacogenomics cases.
- UF Pharmacogenetics Pharmacy Residency (PGY2): Our specialized 12-month postgraduate program prepares residents to pursue a variety of career paths involving the clinical application of pharmacogenetics.
- Continuing Education: We are developing an online continuing education program for physicians, pharmacists, physician assistants, nurses and genetic counselors that uses a case-based, patient-centered teaching strategy and provides participants the option to use their own genetic information for the course.